Monday, May 11, 2009

A Mother's Day to Remember

It was one of those days that you know will stay with you forever. Or at least you hope it will.

We spent Mother's Day on the Sunshine Coast, just north of Vancouver, and on this day the
idyllic spot truly lived up to its name. The sun was bright, the tide was low and the socks and shoes quickly came off for a barefoot run around on the wet sand with our two little ones. It was a taste of the highly anticipated summer we're looking forward to after such an unusually snowy winter.

Then there was the garden tidy up. Little Lucy was determined to help Mum trim the grass with her kiddie scissors and followed me along until a caterpillar appeared, naturally. So we put the caterpillar in a bucket with grass and leaves - at this point older sister joined in - and we all watched it explore the bucket's interior until it decided to move on.

Now don't get me wrong. I love presents - always have, always will and I adore the recycled wood necklace I received yesterday. It's just that these two moments in time were amazing. Why? I can only think it's either because I'm getting older and appreciate them more, or now that we're moving through the sleepless nights and dirty diapers, I actually have a moment to take a step back and appreciate what being a Mom really means.

Hope you enjoyed a special moment in your day too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails